Anyone who has a WordPress blog will probably find that at some point it is necessary to perform a search and replace on your blog. This is usually necessary when something odd is happening and you just can’t figure out what or where the problem is. For example there may be a weird character in blog entries, you’ve found a typo and are concerned that it may appear in other areas of your blog or maybe you want to rename your keywords. Whatever the reason, there is an easy way to do a search and replace in blog posts. This is how you accomplish this task:
- The first thing you should always do is backup your files so if something goes wrong you are not left in a bind.
- You can do a search and replace with a WordPress plugin that is called, you guessed it, the Search and Replace plugin. This plugin is used with the WordPress Admin section (WP-Admin). Simply download and install the Search and Replace plugin and you will be able to search and replace in the following areas: content, titles, excerpts, comments content and comments author.
That’s it, pretty easy, right? Of course there are more difficult ways to accomplish if you want to get into the programming aspect of a WordPress blog, but it really is not necessary to make this too complicated.
- Organize your Blog by Separating Comments and Trackbacks
- Need Better SEO for your WordPress Blog? Choose from the Top Ten
- Top Ten WordPress Plugins to Optimize your WordPress Blog
- WordPress Blog Post-Install Checklist
- Enhancing WordPress Pagination
- How to Change Links without Losing Traffic in WordPress
- Using WordPress with Facebook: The Top Ten Plugins to Make it Easier
- Use Twitter to Promote your WordPress Blog: The Top Six Plugins
- WordPress Plugin to Increase SEO Rankings
- WordPress Maintenance: Clean Up Old Plugins